IMPORTANT: YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS FORM AND FILL IT OUT TO ATTEND CLASSES.
DOWNLOAD FORM HERE.
Dance supports physical and mental health, it improves posture, gives you energy, strength, and flexibility, and most importantly, it strengthens the immune system and helps to reduce stress and anxiety. It also encourages teamwork and accountability. So hopefully we can all return to our Dance practice as soon as possible!
We know that for many there is anxiety and fear about contracting the Covid-19 and that you want to take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family. We feel the same way about our team and all of you, and we want you to know that when we re-open, we will do everything possible to minimize the risk of exposure to Covid-19 at our studio.
When we re-open, we will follow all recommended health & safety recommendations, including the following:
What you will need to bring:
- Masks will be mandatory for clients and instructors at all times while inside the studio. Please bring your own, but we will have washable, reusable masks for sale for anyone who forgets to bring one.
- Masks are not mandatory for dancers while inside the studio dancing and warming up. We will be social distancing instead.
- Foot coverings for everyone – ideally Dance socks or dance shoes or another brand of sticky socks.
- Your own bottles of water and snack.
- Students should come dressed ready to dance.
Health & Hygiene:
- Hand washing or hand sanitizer required for everyone when they come in the door.
- Temperature will be taken prior to taking class.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizer required for all instructors between clients.
- We will not allow anyone with any symptoms – even if it’s just allergies – to come into the studio. If you have a cough, sore throat, fever, or any symptoms at all, PLEASE STAY HOME. We will send you home if you come in.
- We ask that anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 please stay home for at least 14 days, and please inform us of your positive test results so we
can keep everyone healthy.
- Shoes will be removed at the front of the studio and students will go directly into class
- Change rooms will be closed.
- Waiting area will be closed.
- Each student will be assigned a studio A Unit 36, or B Unit 37 Entrance, please entre through those doors only.
- One Bathroom per studio (no crossing over to the other studio area)
Scheduling Changes and Social Distancing:
- Privates, duets/trio’s and groups of 8 students at the studio only, we will square off 2-metre squares in the studio that will be the dancers own personal dance space (maintaining social distancing). No more than 1 instructor per studio at any one time. Instructors and clients will maintain a 6′ distance from everyone else at all times – this means no hands-on adjustments, and your instructor will teach you how to adjust your technique by example only.
- All classes will 5 min before the end of their class so that we can ensure a 10 min exit of the first group and a 10 min entrance of the next group, allowing for clean up between classes, and to reduce crowding in the entry area.
- All classes will be zoomed for students that cannot come into the studio.
- We will ask all clients to wait outside in their cars until 10 minutes before their appointment, to reduce crowding in the entry area.
- As much as we love to chat and catch up with everyone at the end of our classes – and we do – we will ask everyone to put their shoes and outside clothes on and leave right after their sessions are over, to reduce crowding in the entry area.
- We will be using emails and phone to communicate and make or receive payments during this time.
- We will only be accepting credit cards at this time.
• Thorough sanitizing of all studio dance barres and knobs floor will be sprayed between classes.
• Sanitizing of high-touch areas in the studio throughout the day.
• We will have the back door open whenever the weather permits it. We will also have several air sanitizers in the studio for when windows can not be open.
All registration will occur online. A schedule will be available by August 24th and an online portal will be opened for you to register your child. If you’re interested in Zoom classes only please e-mail us we will charge you accordingly and set you up online for “Zoom” classes only.
All student credits will be applied to classes for the 20/21 dance year. Payments will be made on the first of each month, which will involve leaving a credit card on file.